lds divorce support
Books You May Find Helpful:
Miscellaneous Divorce Articles:
Support For Mothers:
- Moms Online http://www.womansdivorce.com This site contains a variety of resources for woman who are experiencing seperation or divorce. You will find comprehensive information on the legal, financial, and emotional aspects, as well as articles for starting over.
- Myria http://www.myria.com This is an on-line magazine, Myria, for mothers. It addresses general parenting issues and features a Separation/Divorce Discussion Board and a small amount of information about step-parenting.
- Single Mothers http://www.singlemothers.org For over 16 years, the National Organization of Single Mothers has been dedicated to helping single moms by choice or chance meet the challenges of daily life with wisdom, wit, dignity, confidence and courage.
- Support Group for Mothers http://www.supportgroupformothers.com This site offers information about Berkeley- and Oakland-area groups for mothers, as well as links to classes around the Bay Area for a variety of parenting needs (e.g., breast feeding, CPR, sibling preparation, separation and divorce, support groups, and more.
Looking to heal and move forward? Want guidance from someone who has experienced divorce in the church and has worked with hundreds on helping them overcome loss and experiencing joy and love in their lives again?
FREE Weekly Live Sessions To Listen To. Look at the Library of Recorded Podcasts to Help You! Many Topics!
Support for Fathers:
- Bay Area Male Involvement Network http://www.bamin.org
- This is the web site for the Bay Area Male Involvement Network, which is dedicated to getting and keeping men involved with children. It describes local programs and events as well as providing links to several other father-related sites and articles.
- Fathers http://www.fathers.com
- This is the website of the National Center for Fathering, which aims "to inspire and equip men to be better fathers." They offer practical tips on various topics such as step-dads, single dads, disciplining teens, and more. There is also a mechanism for contacting other fathers for fathering support, or finding out about fathering research.
- This site has lots of good links to father-related research, policy and practice. Offers live chat area/discussion groups, tips for fathers on parenting, leisure, health and more, as well as a Q&A section on legal matters.
- This is the site for the National Fathers' Resource Center, which provides information about father-related issues, including divorce, step-parenting, parental alienation, and child support. The site offers lots of good links to other organizations, and also chat rooms